We are united by a vision of the community in which all people have the opportunity to reach their full potential and families thrive.
United Way of the Coastal Empire improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
Four Bold Goals
With Upward Mobility in mind,
this plan recommends a more explicit focus to include goal-setting in four proposed areas:
Quality, Affordable Childcare
Ready & Resilient Workforce
Financially Empowered Families
Safe & Stable Housing
- United Way will fund and support Safety Net and Upward Mobility programs and services, and community disaster response.
- United Way will work with current and new community partners to build collective action coalitions or participate in existing ones to generate measurable results, attract grant funding, and advance advocacy around Bold Goals. We will focus on the following areas for further development and specific goal-setting over the next 6-12 months:
- Quality, Affordable Childcare
- Ready & Resilient Workforce
- Financially Empowered Families
- Safe & Stable Housing
- United Way will be the premier community partner for corporate social responsibility.
- United Way will increase leadership giving.
- United Way will diversify funding to support strategic initiatives.
- United Way will optimize internal donor operations to maximize retention and efficiency.
- United Way will support the framework Safety Net and Upward Mobility by developing and implementing volunteer events and small group opportunities that support corporate partners, agencies, and community needs.
- United Way will build the brand and reputation of the organization through best-in-class marketing and communications connected to measurable engagement and fundraising goals.
- United Way will assure best-in-class management of United Way finances and real estate assets.
- United Way will cultivate a diverse and talented team, providing grown opportunities for all.
- United Way will improve technology to create effective and efficient workplace operations and financial, donor, and data systems.
- United Way will ensure effective board governance to maintain trust and standards of excellence.
Strategic Plan Steering Committee
Kay Ford, BankSouth, Co-Chair
Ken Rabitsch, Synovus, Co-Chair
Larry Silbermann, WTOC-TV, Board Chair
Mark Bennett, Gulfstream Aerospace
Katrina Bostick, Family Promise of the Coastal Empire & United Way Agency Executive Council
Ryan Chandler, Colonial Group
Jill Cheeks, The Mediation Center & United Way Agency Executive Council
Judge Lisa Colbert, Chatham County Superior Court
Christian Demere, Colonial Group
Yancy Ford, Effingham County Schools
Catherine Grant, ExperCare Urgent Care, Bryan County
Susan Hancock, Abshire Public Relations
Michael Kaigler, Chatham County
Sam McCachern, Thomas & Hutton
Jamie McCurry, Georgia Ports Authority
Jay Neely, Gulfstream Aerospace
Jeff O’Connor, First Citizens Bank
David Paddison, Sterling Seacrest Partners
Melissa Carter Ray, State Farm, Liberty County
Austin Sullivan, Community Volunteer
Trip Tollison, Savannah Economic Development Authority
Judge Derek White, Chatham County State Court
Taffanye Young, City of Savannah
Sarah Caruso, Consultant
Brynn Grant, Staff Lead